Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Kind of random rambling about bathing and ?opera? of all things...

So- I had the wonderful pleasure of taking a really long bath last night. Yes, I realize that this is the second time I've mentioned bathing on my blog, but you busy mother's probably understand the luxury it is to be able to really bathe. I'm not talking about the rushed rinse cycle that we're all used to when your kids are banging on the shower door every 10 seconds demanding something new, but the kind when their are no distractions. David was on a daddy-son night out with the boys, and so I went straight to my first choice when the house is going to be quiet for any extended period of time which is to run a hot hot bath and just soak. I lucked out with this house and it has the most luxurious bathtub on the planet with jets that point at all your major pressure points down your back and feet. It's really fantastic!
So part of the reason I think that this was so wonderful, therapeutic, amazing... I could go on and on adding expletives, was because I had pulled out a really old cd of opera (of all things), which I happen to love. Not the Wagner, typical German bouncy opera that to me is enough to drive anyone crazy (no offense to Wagner lovers), but beautiful Italian opera that's so full bodied and rich in emotion that as cheesy as this sounds... I feel like it pierces my soul and makes me unbelievably happy like not a lot things do. I have many that I love, but La Boheme is by far my favorite and as I was listening to it, last night from start to finish in the bath, I cried harder than I've cried in a long time and I smiled bigger than I've smiled in a long time too. Like I said, it's very rich in emotion and I feel it very deeply, and I love love love it. It was really great for me. I really needed it. That's all...

3 comments:

Shea said...

I didn't know you enjoyed opera so much. Jeff and I are going to see Phantom the end of jan. That's really the only opera i've seen or listened to. But i love it. I can see how it could be so full of emotion that you can't help but cry. It's great that you were able to have some alone relaxing time.

Rebecca said...

I feel the exact same way about La Boheme. (check out my Dec 5 blog) I love that we're so alike. :)

(Okay, I don't have the kids and husband)

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Sounds like heaven!