Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"Knock-knock"



My sweet little (actually off the charts, tall) William! Sometimes he comes up with the funniest, silliest, and even sassiest things to share. Here are a couple from just recently that I needed to document so as to never forget them.

I thought this was one of the profoundest things he's ever said especially considering his autism and the way I, sometimes, see him as a bit "trapped in his own head.
"Mamma, did you know that imagination can set you free?"
We spent a while today seeing shapes in the, rare in PS, clouds. He saw 3 Humpback Whales and said it was daddy, me and him before Benny was born. Even though he's the younger brother...I just let him have it. Everyone deserves a little alone time with their parents, even if it's only in his head right. I think we need to start our daddy/mommy taking turns with the boys date nights again.

The funniest thing was a knock-knock joke he told me recently, turned vulgar because of his speech delay. It went exactly like this:

"Knock knock",
"Who's there?"
"Shitand" (chicken)
"Chicken who?"
"Shitand poop"...followed by hysterical laughter by both of us. Good thing laughter was an appropriate response, this time.

Gotta love little boys!